Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Chanelle Kerr: Get To Know Her





Business owner, fashionista, Chanelle Kerr is living her dreams. But that doesn't mean she plans to slow down. She's currently in London and will be traveling around the world soon, ambition in overdrive, planning SaVous fall collection.

Don't think Chanelle started from the top because she was a student living on a budget. She worked a 9 to 5 job and attended school at night. She struggled just like all students. Chanelle was always obsessed with fashion since the day she can remember. She started her professional fashion career working for Fendi. Chanelle started from the bottom and worked her way up to the Visual Department which created visual concepts and displays. She ended her career there and moved to a mutli brand department store and worked with designers such as Balmain, Balenciaga and more. After years of working, she moved to California and continued her education and graduated from FIDM in 2012 with a degree is Visual Communications. 

In February of this year, Chanelle re-launch SaVous. Her focus is a fashion forward style destination for students that are living on a budget. Every single garment is picked and designed with extreme thoughts. She believe in being different, that’s why SaVous, they don’t follow the rules and season cliché trends like many of their competitors. What makes Savous different, the style and the prices. There is no comparison. 

Who's your role model?
My role model I would have to say would be my parents. As you grow older you realize that they do the things they do as parents and it all has a reason behind it, and it has made me the strong independent person I am today. I admire their work ethic and strong personalities. They believe in me one thousand percent and never doubt my ability, I feed from their positive attitudes and whenever I need a boost, no matter where they may be in world, I can count on them! However my role model fashion wise has to be the one and only Kate Moss. For me there is no comparison.

What's one thing right now that you are in love with?
I have a vintage leather I wear none stop with any outfit. I also wear my SaVous celeb tees a lot with jeans for comfort, when I have busy days in the office.

What is one thing that we don't know about you? 
My favorite color is black and I grew up in Spain and speak Spanish fluently. 

What's the one piece item clothing that you tend to wear it more?
For sure my Jam Plaid shirt and my Dicker denim shirt, both of course from SaVous, they are so easy to create. I style both shirts with skirts, jeans, shorts, skinnies and accessories and each time they looks so different. I almost re-invent the shirts each time I style them!

As a role model to many young women... what's one fashion advice you would give them? 
Be you! Don't dress to impress anybody, you get one life, express fashion how you want to.

On Wednesday, August 14 at 1pm - 2pm PST, Chanelle will be live on Facebook to answer any questions or stop by to say "Hi". 

SaVous